Subscribed + Unsubscribed does not equal total contacts

Vanwilgen

Subscribed + Unsubscribed does not equal total contacts

What the title says. I'm currently looking at our contact list in the dashboard (with all contacts checked), which is giving me one number, but then when I drill down to look at subscribed and unsubscribed contacts and add the two figures together, it's about 10k short of the total number.

I looked at the other categories (subscribed - confirmed, awaiting confirmation, temporary hold, no permission set) just to see if my missing contacts were there, but those all show 0 contacts. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

11 REPLIES 11
William_D

Hello @Vanwilgen ,

I believe the issue might be the leftovers from way back when we still allowed contact uploads without email addresses. This hasn't been available for awhile, however any contacts you'd already uploaded would still be in the system. Since they contain no email addresses, these contacts wouldn't be considered active, and thus wouldn't contribute to your billing tier. 

I reached out to the higher level technical team, who confirmed this, and exported your All Contacts + Not on any lists status. I've sent this list of no-list contacts (will include the unsubscribes as well) to your account's primary email address.

At this time, searching for contacts based on "blank" values for email addresses isn't possible. I've attached the relevant feature request to your account, and submitted the case to the engineers. If and when they have an update regarding some of the redesigned contact dashboard's search functionalities, they'll make sure to notify you.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Thank you for your help! I don't necessarily need the engineer team to add functionality to our dashboard if they're able to simply remove those contacts for us, which may be easier? It seems those contacts would have been added in error, and should probably just be omitted.

For sure, @Vanwilgen , I got your request case submitted to the higher level technical team, so they can efficiently get those email-less contacts removed from your overall list. They should be emailing you with an update within the next four business days.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hi William, 

I Still haven't heard from the technical team regarding this issue. Is there someone I should be reaching out to?

Thank you.

It looks like the T2 agent working your case sent a couple emails back on Jan 27, 2021. If you need us to resend these emails, please let us know. Since they contain potentially sensitive contact info, if you need us to send the emails to an address other than your main email, you'll need to call our phone support and answer any security questions they ask. That way they can confirm your account ownership, and send that sensitive info to a different address.

William D

I didn't receive any emails. Can they please try again? 

I've just re-sent their emails to your account's main address. If you're still not receiving them, even in your spam/junk folders and promotions/other folders (if applicable), then I'd suggest calling in so we can go through the process described above.

William D

Hi William,

I reached out via phone and was relayed the message that was contained in the emails (which still aren't making it into my inbox). I was told I would need to manually export my list, delete the blank entries, delete all of my lists and contacts from CC, and then re-import my lists. I did all of that, but my contact count is still the same. (I think contacts are somehow being cached?) Can you please submit a ticket to have someone from your team remove blank entries for us, and make note that support emails aren't being delivered. I feel I have done all I can on my end.

Have you looked in on your email client side to make sure you have our stuff safelisted? If you're chronically not receiving support emails to your account's main address, then it stands that something on the receiving end is completely blocking our email addresses, domains, or possibly our CRM's emails. It'd be worth looking into at least safelisting our domains.

I've re-opened the case of the higher level technical agent that originally handled the contact rewind zip file and advanced troubleshooting. Your request should be taken care of within the next four business days. If your email client starts allowing our emails to come through, then you should receive an email from the T2 agent confirming these changes.

William D

It's only the support team emails that aren't being delivered. I receive replies from this thread in my inbox, CC marketing emails, and survey requests. I was told by the person on the phone that the emails being sent contained several attachments, which could perhaps have something to do with it? We use outlook, which I know does have some limitations on attachment size.

In that case, it might be Outlook blocking the emails when they come from the CRM we use, since some of the emails sent didn't have attachments at all.

I'm going to try sending the files directly through my work email to your main account email, to see if you're at least able to get that.

William D