Survey Link - How do you keep it to ONE response per person?

MichelleB637

Survey Link - How do you keep it to ONE response per person?

So I like the new Survey vs Legacy...however, two bothersome issues:

1.  How do I keep someone from just clicking the link over and over and responding?

2.  There is no way to limit choices - eg, Multiple Choice "choose only 2" or Checkboxes "Choose only 2". I see other people in the community have this issue.

Our company is having an internal election of board of directors. There are 5 nominees, but only 2 positions open...so we're limiting people to 2 choices only. Right now, they can click as many as they want, and they can click the survey link and vote as many times as they want. This defeats my purpose of having a completely anonymous survey, limiting each person to one click, 2 choices! Frustrating... 

3 REPLIES 3
Kara_D
Employee

Hi MichelleB637!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your survey questions.

1. How do I keep someone from just clicking the link over and over and responding?

Check your Survey settings and make sure you have the Allow multiple responses from the same computer set to No. 

2.  There is no way to limit choices - eg, Multiple Choice "choose only 2" or Checkboxes "Choose only 2"

You could try setting up two separate Single-Select Multiple Choice questions. This will let your respondents select just one person from each question. 

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
MichelleB637

I must be confused - that states that the setting for multiple responses and setting to NO is for Legacy Surveys only?

Ugh, I don't think multiple single-choice questions would work because there are 5 nominees to choose from, but you can only choose 2 nominees. If I had 5 questions with each single nominee...they could still pick all 5 - one in each question.

Thank you replying! I appreciate your help! Let me know if I can change that setting with the way Surveys are now. I have to send the link to our group, so I'm not posting this to a webpage or anything. This is internal.

Hello @MichelleB637,

At the moment, we do not have an option to limit the number of answers chosen and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. I am tracking your feedback on this! Thank you. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.