I send out a weekly survey (for years!) but for the last two weeks, when someone responds it says that they picked all three of my poll choices. Last week I resent the survey and the results were fine, but this week's did the same thing.
They are only allowed to pick one, but they all picked all three choices, which is not correct.
Any idea what could be causing this?
Hello @tsptom ,
Our engineers have been made aware if this issue and are working to fix it. it would help if you could provide some additional information. The campaigns that did not work correctly, were they copied from the same older campaign or different ones? The second email you sent that worked properly, which campaign was it copied from? Because this doesn't happen on all emails sent out, it is harder to pinpoint what is causing the issue. The more information you provide, the better it is for the engineer to find the issues. Thank you for your time and any information you provide.
The first one that did not work last week (every option was picked by respondents in poll) was copied from the prior week's poll, which I have been using successfully for years each week.
Then I just copied the one that did not work and sent it again, assuming it was a fluke, and it worked.
This week's survey was copied from the prior week (the one that worked) and it too had multiple responses from everyone. A total of 292 replies (3 from each user).
Then I copied that survey, like the prior week, and it did work. 85 responses, no dups.
I'm not sure why or if anything was done differently, but I don't believe I changed anything.
Hello @tsptom ,
Thank you for that info. Looking into those particular emails, I believe the issue is related to a known problem with some contacts' security programs. Some contacts' domains, particularly government, uni, and corporate domains, have been known to use security programs that "click" and open links when deciding whether or not to deliver them. This can result in false clicks and opens reporting, even for action blocks like RSVPs, poll blocks, etc.
Generally it's easy to notice these faulty clicks since they'll almost always occur within the same minute of sending the email out, and it'll show the contacts in question as having clicked every single link in the email within that time frame. However, at this time there isn't a guaranteed workaround for this issue, since it's something occurring sporadically based on specific contacts in specific organizations.
We have seen some success in avoiding these security programs' false clicks and opens if the sender (you) are self-authenticated, and/or the contact has both safelisted your email in their email client, as well as safelisted our domains in their organization's security software. However this isn't a guaranteed workaround since our engineers are still looking into what domains / security programs are causing these issues, and if there's anything on our end that can be done to prevent it.
I've made sure to pass along your case to the engineers for further review. If and when they have an update regarding this issue, they'll make sure to notify you.