Suspended Addresses

DianaW10
Occasional Participant

Suspended Addresses

Hello. I would like to express my frustration about suspended addresses. Many times over the years Constant Contact has bounced legitimate email address. For example:  was added one year ago. Not one of the emails have gone through--while during the past year I have had no difficult sending and receiving emails from that very address. I hate to delete people who legitimately want to be on the mailing list, but I also don't want my Constant Contact account to appear to be in error. I double checked a dozen times to make sure the address was correct in your system--it is. I have lost several people over the years whose addresses Constant Contact tags as invalid. I assumed this glitch would have been resolved long ago, but it has not. Please know that this is one really frustrating element of the service I receive. 

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @DianaW10 ,

That email address has been suspended in our system since 2018. Please keep in mind that suspended addresses are not a glitch, it's a result of us receiving repeated non-existent bounces from that address when you or another customer of ours tries to send to that address. If their ISP or domain is incorrectly reporting the bounce as non-existent, that isn't something we can control.

For a full breakdown of how suspended bounces work

I got the contact unsuspended in our system administratively. As a follow-up, I'd recommend doing a Quicksend of the last email they were supposed to receive. If we receive a report from their domain / ISP about them being 'non-existent' again, then they'll be put back into suspension. You can check this by going to the contact's engagement history right after doing the Quicksend.

If the non-existent bounce occurs again, then it may be worth reaching out to our Deliverability team to see if they have any additional insight regarding that domain / ISP. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.