Suspended email address but shows as Subscribed

SOLVED
Go to solution
Cresa
Rookie
0 Votes

Under the Engagement tab for a contact, the emails have been bouncing as Suspended. However, under the Reporting tab, it does NOT say Suspended; it says Subscribed. I am sure the email address is correct, but the recipient is NOT receiving the emails. Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Cresa ,

Please do not put contacts' sensitive info, such as their email address, in this public forum. In the future, please email us as asked when it comes to potentially sensitive info.

The contact provided is showing under your recent sendouts as a suspended bounce. Please see the video linked by the bounce type in the Reporting page, or our main article on bounces, or this article that specifically addresses suspended bounces for more info on the type and how contacts become suspended. Suspended contacts are a bounce type, not a permissions type, meaning like other bounces they would still show as subscribed to you.

I got the contact unsuspended in our system administratively. As a follow-up, I'd recommend doing a Quicksend of the last email they were supposed to receive. If we receive a report from their domain / ISP about them being 'non-existent' again, then they'll likely be put back into suspension. You can check this by going to the contact's engagement history right after doing the Quicksend.

If the non-existent bounce occurs again, then it may be worth reaching out to our Delivery team to see if they have any additional insight regarding that domain / ISP. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Cresa. Could you please reply to the automated reply email or email us at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the email address of this contact and a reference to this conversation? This way, we can further assist with reviewing their status.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Cresa
Rookie
0 Votes

The email address in question is 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Cresa ,

Please do not put contacts' sensitive info, such as their email address, in this public forum. In the future, please email us as asked when it comes to potentially sensitive info.

The contact provided is showing under your recent sendouts as a suspended bounce. Please see the video linked by the bounce type in the Reporting page, or our main article on bounces, or this article that specifically addresses suspended bounces for more info on the type and how contacts become suspended. Suspended contacts are a bounce type, not a permissions type, meaning like other bounces they would still show as subscribed to you.

I got the contact unsuspended in our system administratively. As a follow-up, I'd recommend doing a Quicksend of the last email they were supposed to receive. If we receive a report from their domain / ISP about them being 'non-existent' again, then they'll likely be put back into suspension. You can check this by going to the contact's engagement history right after doing the Quicksend.

If the non-existent bounce occurs again, then it may be worth reaching out to our Delivery team to see if they have any additional insight regarding that domain / ISP. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Cresa
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for unsuspending!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST