Suspending emails on brand new contacts

SOLVED
Go to solution
JohnD5679
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Why did the emails of 3 brand new contacts get suspended on my first email sent to them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

@JohnD5679 

It will largely depend if the contact is simply "quarantined" in suspension, or if they're indefinitely assigned, which will vary from contact to contact.

Typically, it's not worth keeping suspended contacts (hence why they're included in Recommended for Removal bounces). However, if you still believe the email addresses are legitimate, you're welcome to contact our Deliverability team to see if they can provide any additional insight regarding the addresses or their domains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JohnD5679 ,

Here's some basic info on the suspended bounce, and why this is applied to contacts that bounce as non-existent from either your sendouts or other customers'.

If legitimate email addresses continue to bounce after you've attempted to unsuspend them, you're welcome to contact our Deliverability team to see if they can provide any additional insight regarding the addresses or their domains.

William A
JohnD5679
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

From your "basic info" on this subject, you state...... "So, even if you haven't sent to an address before or if you've sent successfully to an address in the past, if the contact becomes suspended in any Constant Contact account, it bounces as "Suspended" in your account too. " .... Am I to understand then, that if "Joe" (my brand new contact) is also on another company's mailing list through Constant Contact (unrelated to mine) and is "non-existent" or "suspended" in their account, it will be reflected as "suspended" in mine? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

That is correct, @JohnD5679 . It's a matter of sending reputation as continuously sending to emails that bounce as non-existent damages the sending reputations of both you as well as ours. Thus, after our system receives a certain number of non-existent bounce reports for an email address, it will automatically cut off the ability to send to it.

William A
JohnD5679
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

In that case, do you suggest that we completely delete those suspended emails from our constant contact account now and then re-input them after 14 days and hope it is all clear?  Is there a way of checking with constant contact before inputting new contact names to make sure the emails are okay and we are not negatively adding to the sending reputation by reinputting the names after 14 days and again having them come up as suspended or worse?
Or, do we need to pull all those names out of the account forever and figure out another way to communicate with those folks?  

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

@JohnD5679 

It will largely depend if the contact is simply "quarantined" in suspension, or if they're indefinitely assigned, which will vary from contact to contact.

Typically, it's not worth keeping suspended contacts (hence why they're included in Recommended for Removal bounces). However, if you still believe the email addresses are legitimate, you're welcome to contact our Deliverability team to see if they can provide any additional insight regarding the addresses or their domains.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST