We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Suspicious email from Constant Contact

MarciR37
Occasional Participant

Suspicious email from Constant Contact

I deactivated my account earlier this year. A couple of days ago I received a suspicious email from "Your Constant Contact Community" indicating that I have earned a new "kudo" badge. (I don't recall my user name being MarciR866.) Out of an abundance of caution I'm not clicking on any links. Can you please look into this for me? If my account has been hacked I'd like to know immediately. Thank you, Marci Rich
2 REPLIES 2
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @MarciR37. The email notification you received was to let you know that someone gave a kudo to this post that you made back in 2014. A kudo is awarded when another customer finds your post insightful or useful. When a Community user receives their first kudo, they are awarded with a badge which sends out an email to the email on file for the account, even if it is deactivated. Community logins are separate from a Constant Contact login so there was no login to the deactivated account. Hope this clears it up!

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
MarciR37
Occasional Participant

Thanks very much, Caitlin!