Table of Contents block

SOLVED
Go to solution
janicezazinski
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

How do I add a table of contents to my email? I don't see that as a "block" to select. CC created a custom template for my church it doesn't include that.

I also want to embed a Google Calendar feed but I guess that is not a possibility either. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @janicezazinski ,

Your old template's table of content block used something called anchor links, which we don't have in the current editor. Anchor links, as an industry-wide practice, are defunct since the vast majority of email clients (Gmail, Outlook, etc.) will typically spam filter emails containing these. This is also part of the reason that embedding certain file types and programs into emails isn't allowed either.

If you're still wanting a "Table of Contents" for your email, you can set up a standard text block and type the name of the different sections of your email. Of course, please bear in mind that emails are more likely to be spam filtered or simply cut off midway in most email clients, if they go past a certain length (depends on the email client).

For more info on designing your email with best practices in mind

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator

Hello @janicezazinski ,

Your old template's table of content block used something called anchor links, which we don't have in the current editor. Anchor links, as an industry-wide practice, are defunct since the vast majority of email clients (Gmail, Outlook, etc.) will typically spam filter emails containing these. This is also part of the reason that embedding certain file types and programs into emails isn't allowed either.

If you're still wanting a "Table of Contents" for your email, you can set up a standard text block and type the name of the different sections of your email. Of course, please bear in mind that emails are more likely to be spam filtered or simply cut off midway in most email clients, if they go past a certain length (depends on the email client).

For more info on designing your email with best practices in mind

William A
NewMexicoFoundation
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for the info, William!  What are Constant Contact's plans to develop a new/similar feature that solves this issue?  Internal links would be incredibly helpful for our communications.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @NewMexicoFoundation ,

Since the majority of email programs do not allow anchor links to function, and several will outright spam-filter emails with these, the functionality for them is not currently being considered for our current nor future iterations of the email editors.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST