Tag Management (remove tags)

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Tag Management (remove tags)

Tags are a very useful, but I am having trouble finding the best way to manage them.  

Is there a way to remove or change tags for multiple individuals at once? 

I tried updating Tags using the upload contact function, but instead of overwriting the existing tag, the new tag was appended to the contact.

I have tried deleting entire tags.  Every contact that originally had the deleted tag, ended up getting tagged with all of the other tags.

Now my tags are a mess.  Unless someone has some advice, my next step is to delete all of my other tags and start from scratch.

Any assistance someone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Tag Management (remove tags)

Hello @KenJ32 ,

We're sorry to hear you've run into some issues while managing your contacts' tags. When you use the Manage Tags button at the top of a list (when several contacts are highlighted), is that what's causing your issues? Are you seeing any specific error messages or anything like that come up?

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured