Tagging on Social Post - NOT SOLVED!

MPG5
Frequent Participant

Tagging on Social Post - NOT SOLVED!

Posters in October asked about the problem with @ tags not working correctly. CC said it was solved. Hate to tell them... it isn't. And one "suggestion" to then go in and edit each post is ridiculous! This negates the purpose of multi-page posting using Constant Contact. Please update us on when a REAL fix to this issue will be available. -- Frustrated in Iowa

6 REPLIES 6
William_D

Hello @MPG5 ,

Could you please provide additional info on the issue you're experiencing? Is it occurring more often with a specific platform? If posting to different social platforms at the same time (e.g. Twitter and Facebook at the same time), are you selecting variations when you set up your post?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
MPG5
Frequent Participant

Issue appears on both Facebook and LinkedIn in particular. I post as follows in CC Social: "Our @XYZCompany held a training today..." For clarification, @XYZCompany usually translates as XYZ Company (our Facebook/LI company name) when posting directly into either FB or LI. On the CC social window to the right, it highlights in blue as XYZCompany. I can live with that. However, once posted, the FB and LI posts don't translate as they should to their respective "link" names, in this case XYZ Company. On both platforms, the text that is posted says "Our @XYZCompany..." 

When you're creating these and making the tags, are you setting them up separately as variations, or part of one single post? Have you had any success previously when tagging since its addition to the social post tool, or has it always been a persistent issue?

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
MPG5
Frequent Participant

I set them up as part of the post. For example, here's the post text: We welcome our team from @XYZCompany as they join us for X event. It's never worked correctly. It always displays in FB and LI with the @ symbol, and I have to manually change.... is there a different way to make it work? The Social interface is a boon for us who have multiple pages to manage. But it doesn't work they way it should.

So with your next social post / share that you do, try making variations. You can keep all the same wording, tagging, etc. - just make sure to do your @ tags individually for each platform / page. We're trying to see if the issue is mitigated by having the post to LinkedIn and Facebook be tagged 100% independently of one another, or if the tagging issue persists for you even after setting them up and @ tagging separately.

William D

MPG5
Frequent Participant

OK. Will do today and let you know how it turns out.