We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Tagging on Social Post

SOLVED
Go to solution
KateK82
Participant

Tagging on Social Post

Hello!

I have been very impressed with Constant Contact's social media function. My one question for you is how to ensure a company mention (i.e. tag, @) gets published? When the posts publish to the different platforms, the company I am highlighting is not linked. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_D

Hello @KateK82 ,

At this time that feature is still in development on our end. I've gone ahead and submitted your case to the engineers with the relevant feature request attached. As soon as they have an update on it, they'll make sure to notify you.

In the meantime, the best way to make sure your @ mentions get included in a post would be to manually edit them after they've posted to their respective social media pages.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
William_D

Hello @KateK82 ,

At this time that feature is still in development on our end. I've gone ahead and submitted your case to the engineers with the relevant feature request attached. As soon as they have an update on it, they'll make sure to notify you.

In the meantime, the best way to make sure your @ mentions get included in a post would be to manually edit them after they've posted to their respective social media pages.

William D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

JenO67
Regular Participant

Has there been any update on this? I would love to be able to tag without having to manually edit it afterwards!

OakB
Frequent Participant

I've tried your suggestion on the main social media page (Facebook), but it's still not tagging the person after I select save.

With all the technology today, this still is not fixed? Since I cannot make a post and tag someone on social media, this issue has made me use constant contact less. What is the projected date for this being fixed?

BonnieB7733
Regular Participant

I too would like to know if this function is available. I am having to manually make business posts on all social media platforms which defeats the purpose of having our constant contact subscription.

OakB
Frequent Participant

I'm having trouble going to the post and adding @ for tagging purposes. It's not "holding the tag" when I do it directly on the Facebook Post.

Amy_Y
Employee

@OakB The best way to make sure your @ mentions get included in a post would be to manually edit them after they've posted to their respective social media pages. I would give it another try on Facebook by signing into Facebook again, going to that post and manually editing. 

Amy Y.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right
strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ShelbyH77
Occasional Participant

This seems terribly cumbersome and defeats the purpose of bulk uploading to different platforms through Constant Contact?

OakB
Frequent Participant

I tried your suggestion, but I'm still having trouble adding @ for tagging purposes. It's not "holding the tag" when I do it directly on the Facebook Post.

GaryandElaineJ
Occasional Participant

any updates on this? it has been almost a year since the post. 

meghan.parman
Occasional Participant

Can you update when tagging a social post will become a Constant Contact feature?