Terrible redesign on Constant Contact - not working at all

Highlighted
Established Member

Terrible redesign on Constant Contact - not working at all

I just started work with a new company and have used Constant Contact for more than 20 years. I am extremely disappointed in this new text editor. I am unable to do even a simple fill color in a text box, or a vertical rule to separate two columns. I realize that you may be trying to point people to use your designers and marketing agencies so you can make more money, but I can't even get any of those people to call me back. When I signed up I got the $79 promo and they designed a newsletter which is unusable and looks terrible. I am extremely disappointed that you have ruined this product. At this point, I'm too deep into it now and am ready to sign up thousands of subscribers. Can you help me design at least a decent looking newsletter?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Terrible redesign on Constant Contact - not working at all

I am very concern about this redesign. We send highly customized emails, using templates where the HTML is heavily edited by our designer. If the capacity to do this is being phased out then we will have no choice but to switch to another service. We have almost 20k subscribers and have used CC here for years, but seeing how much our designer is struggling with these new limited options, I am more than happy to pull the plug. 

Highlighted

Hello @KarynH74,

I sincerely apologize for the frustrations you've been experiencing. I looked at your account and I do see you have had follow-up from the Custom Services team since you've made this post. I hope they have been able to give you the help you deserve. I also see your concerns with the editor were addressed. If you have any other concerns or if I missed something that needs to be addressed, please reach out to us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username and a reference to this post and we would be happy to help. 

Hello @JNathanB,

I'm very sorry for your issues with some of the changes that have been made. I just want to make sure I know what editor experience you're referencing. While new customers have access to the new drag-and-drop editor which does not allow users to access the HTML, they still have access to the Advanced Editor where they can build their template with custom code. Or, are you referring to the older, 2GE editor which does allow you to access the HTML of individual blocks? This information will help me better assist you. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Must have HTML editing with template/cmapign creation

Hi CC,

We must be the ability to insert html in your "drag and drop template creation or we will need to look at other providers.

For example the only way I can insert a PayPal Button or some other functionality is with HTML - in the old - better interface reference in all the help section in this board you could.  This is unacceptable

"While new customers have access to the new drag-and-drop editor which does not allow users to access the HTML, they still have access to the Advanced Editor where they can build their template with custom code."

Restore our account to the older interface where I have more control over my email template.  Please do not suggest your template creation servioes as we do not have budget for it as CC has no free level

Looks like I will need to take a closer look at

BTW - you phone support is of limite value since yuou have no phone hours on the weeken when many of us do this work and you Comummnity help references functionality you have remove for some strange reason.

Ken

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Must have HTML editing with template/cmapign creation

Hello @Ken001. I will certainly provide feedback to our Product team regarding your request to be able to access the HTML in your campaign and the ability to easily include a PayPal button. I also see that you did call into our Support team this morning and we were able to bring you back to our older editor. If you do decide to use our next-generation editor in the future, you can include a Paypal button by taking a screenshot of the button and linking the image to your PayPal page.

You mentioned towards the end of your post that some of the help links have been removed. Do you have any links to these posts? We want to make sure that these links up to date and available for any of our customers to use. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have complained quite a lot about features that are discontinued including the lack of "forward to a friend", html editor, tables and colored background inserted blocks, so just gelt I had to mention a new feature I just discovered in the 3rd gen editor that I love.

This is the feature that allows you to schedule a resend to subscribers who did not open the first email, and to change the subject line of it right there. This is a truly useful addition. At least I think it is; we will see how it goes in terms of increasing opens.

How to do it is here: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/22442-automatically-resend-an-email...

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @JulieL34

Thank you for reaching out!

I'm so happy to hear you are pleased with the addition of the resend to your contacts that didn't open the email! We are always happy to hear positive feedback and you can feel free to reach out anytime!

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!