Test Emails Take Too Long to Receive

SOLVED
Go to solution
Lexia-LEARN
Rookie
0 Votes

Test emails can take up to 15 minutes to receive, sometimes even longer.  These should be prioritized for sending on your end - we are waiting for them in order to proceed with our project.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Lexia-LEARN ,

It's less a matter of us "prioritizing" them, and more an issue of how many emails are sending from our systems and/or how many are being processed, filtered, and put into inboxes by receiving servers. Based on our server analytics, there's nothing showing for server downtimes or lag regarding sendouts, including around the time you made this post.

Performing some deliverability functions, such as authentication (in your case self-authentication), safelisting our domains, and safelisting the sending address in your email program, can improve how your system processes and filters emails sent by you - through us - to yourself. If you have additional questions or need further guidance on these elements, I'd recommend reaching out to our Deliverability team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Lexia-LEARN ,

It's less a matter of us "prioritizing" them, and more an issue of how many emails are sending from our systems and/or how many are being processed, filtered, and put into inboxes by receiving servers. Based on our server analytics, there's nothing showing for server downtimes or lag regarding sendouts, including around the time you made this post.

Performing some deliverability functions, such as authentication (in your case self-authentication), safelisting our domains, and safelisting the sending address in your email program, can improve how your system processes and filters emails sent by you - through us - to yourself. If you have additional questions or need further guidance on these elements, I'd recommend reaching out to our Deliverability team.

William A
Lexia-LEARN
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.  I have several that I sent at 7a that still have not shown up at 11a - my email is working and there is nothing being held or in junkmail.  Others had this problem with my actual distribution two weeks ago - they never received the email from CC.

-p

-Perry-

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

In that case, please go through the deliverability steps listed earlier, or contact Deliverability for further assistance so they can provide specialized insight and guidance.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST