Test email delay

SOLVED
Go to solution
VictoriaW509
Rookie
0 Votes

I have sent two "test" emails to personal account, have looked in junk and spam folder with no luck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VictoriaW509 ,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into some trouble with your test emails getting through. I was able to get the test emails I sent from your account to come through to me pretty quickly, so it doesn't appear to be something specific with your account, or a wider spread issue.

It is possible there might be some spam filtering (some domains' spam filter protocols are to absolutely not let the suspected email through at all) happening on your end, since test emails lack the standard authentication of live sends. This can be especially prevalent if the test email you're sending is going to the exact same email address it's made to look like it's coming from.

My recommendation is to check some safelisting aspects on your end, to ensure your domain or email client are open to receiving those types of emails. If you continue to have issues, it may be best to reach out to our Deliverability team for further insight, advanced troublehsooting, and specialized guidance if you need to make any changes or set up self-authentication.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VictoriaW509 ,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into some trouble with your test emails getting through. I was able to get the test emails I sent from your account to come through to me pretty quickly, so it doesn't appear to be something specific with your account, or a wider spread issue.

It is possible there might be some spam filtering (some domains' spam filter protocols are to absolutely not let the suspected email through at all) happening on your end, since test emails lack the standard authentication of live sends. This can be especially prevalent if the test email you're sending is going to the exact same email address it's made to look like it's coming from.

My recommendation is to check some safelisting aspects on your end, to ensure your domain or email client are open to receiving those types of emails. If you continue to have issues, it may be best to reach out to our Deliverability team for further insight, advanced troublehsooting, and specialized guidance if you need to make any changes or set up self-authentication.

William A
VLC0
Rookie
0 Votes

I am having the same issue with the test email. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VLC0 ,

Did you follow any of the suggestions I mentioned in my earlier post?

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST