Text Size Keeps Changing In Editor

user091136
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi,

In the email editor the text size keeps changing back to 14pt.

Here's a video to demonstrate it:

https://www.loom.com/share/8d76cb5f6e3b40c88808e2b781769031

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

So yeah, based on my testing and what you're describing, it looks like the blank lines in-between text will always default back to the email's default body text size. I'll get this submitted to the devs so they're aware of what's occurring and have some data to work with. 

In the meantime, the best workarounds to format the text would be:

• Set the default body text size in the Design tab that you want the rest of the text in that text block to be
  • Add a single character in the "blank" lines and set their color to match the background
  • Increase the line spacing of the text block (though this may cause paragraphs to noticeably expand

7 REPLIES 7
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user091136 ,

Does this occur with newly added text blocks to the email? Does this occur with text you 100% manually type out in a newly added block?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user091136
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi, it's a newly added block 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Was the text in that new block 100% manually typed out from the start, or was some of it originally copied from another source?

William A
user091136
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

It was copied from another source.

However, if I drag a fresh block and type directly it does the same thing.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Does this occur in actual lines already typed out, or seem to only occur with empty lines - including in newly added blocks with only 100% manually typed text? 

What is your email's default text size currently set to in the Design tab to the lefthand side?

William A
user091136
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

It was set to 14 in the default in the tab.

Does that mean I have to set the default size for every email I design to avoid this from keep happening?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

So yeah, based on my testing and what you're describing, it looks like the blank lines in-between text will always default back to the email's default body text size. I'll get this submitted to the devs so they're aware of what's occurring and have some data to work with. 

In the meantime, the best workarounds to format the text would be:

• Set the default body text size in the Design tab that you want the rest of the text in that text block to be
  • Add a single character in the "blank" lines and set their color to match the background
  • Increase the line spacing of the text block (though this may cause paragraphs to noticeably expand

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST