Time Travel

SOLVED
Go to solution
KenL759
Rookie
0 Votes

Two weeks ago my free account was changed to  per month. Today it said my account was canceled, talk to billing.

They want  dollars. Whatever, I paid it and my account disappeared and it brought up an old account from 2020. All

my current work and contact list is gone, including this morning's email info, but my work from 2020 is 'up-to-date' and ready

for me to pick up where I left off.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KenL759 ,

So I took a look in our database, and we currently have two active accounts for you. You essentially have two email addresses going at once for these accounts. The issue is that the main email address for one, is the username for the other, and vice versa. This is why you were running into issues logging in, and why when you spoke with the Billing rep, based on the "username" you'd have provided, they just saw the cancelled account as being the applicable one.

I'm going to send an email to the cheaper, up-to-date account's main email address with that correct account's username. I'm going to strongly advise that you either give it a more unique username, or that you make its main contact email and username the same to avoid further confusion.

I've also submitted your case to Billing with an explanation of the situation, and asked them to re-cancel the previously-cancelled account, and apply its recent $20 payment as a credit to the up-to-date account you still want. They're typically able to respond to these cases within 1-2 business days, depending on their case and call queues, though a credit review may delay this a bit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KenL759 ,

So I took a look in our database, and we currently have two active accounts for you. You essentially have two email addresses going at once for these accounts. The issue is that the main email address for one, is the username for the other, and vice versa. This is why you were running into issues logging in, and why when you spoke with the Billing rep, based on the "username" you'd have provided, they just saw the cancelled account as being the applicable one.

I'm going to send an email to the cheaper, up-to-date account's main email address with that correct account's username. I'm going to strongly advise that you either give it a more unique username, or that you make its main contact email and username the same to avoid further confusion.

I've also submitted your case to Billing with an explanation of the situation, and asked them to re-cancel the previously-cancelled account, and apply its recent $20 payment as a credit to the up-to-date account you still want. They're typically able to respond to these cases within 1-2 business days, depending on their case and call queues, though a credit review may delay this a bit.

William A
KenyonL48
Campaign Contributor

Thank you for such a detailed reply. What I did before the reply was delete my cookies and when I signed in again everything was fine. So I take it you changed my billing back to $10.00 per month? Thank you very much!

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If you're logging in with the info provided in that email, you should be good to go. The case with Billing to cancel the old, incorrect account and credit the new, correct one is still pending, but they should be sending an email update on it once they have one available.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST