The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Time Zone showing as CEST on registration page even though I have selected [GMT+01:00] London, UK

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted

Time Zone showing as CEST on registration page even though I have selected [GMT+01:00] London, UK

Hi

Can anyone help me with this please?

I have set-up an event, which is now active and taking registrations following an email invite.

The event details set-up page clearly shows the timezone as [GMT+01:00] London, United Kingdom, however when guests are on the registration page, the Event Details side box displays the date and time with CEST written after it, meaning Central European Summer Time which is a different time zone. The confirmation email is also showing the time as CEST!

I have guests messaging me as they confused! How do I change the event details from showing CEST?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Time Zone showing as CEST on registration page even though I have selected [GMT+01:00] London, U

Hello @McLarens-Group-Comms ,

It appears this is an odd glitch our engineers have seen rarely pop up, and only seems to affect GMT+1 time zones. Since the current event tool is no longer being updated (in favor of an full overhaul they're planning to release next year), this may be a bug they're unable to get to in a timely manner. With that said, I've still passed your case to the engineers for tracking. 

As a workaround, I've gone into your event, and updated the Basics to be set for GMT+0 (Lisbon, Canary Islands, Faroe Islands), which forced it to now show WEST (GMT+1) time for your event registration and emails. You may wish to resend notifications to your contacts that have already signed up, with this update.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Time Zone showing as CEST on registration page even though I have selected [GMT+01:00] London, U

Hello @McLarens-Group-Comms ,

It appears this is an odd glitch our engineers have seen rarely pop up, and only seems to affect GMT+1 time zones. Since the current event tool is no longer being updated (in favor of an full overhaul they're planning to release next year), this may be a bug they're unable to get to in a timely manner. With that said, I've still passed your case to the engineers for tracking. 

As a workaround, I've gone into your event, and updated the Basics to be set for GMT+0 (Lisbon, Canary Islands, Faroe Islands), which forced it to now show WEST (GMT+1) time for your event registration and emails. You may wish to resend notifications to your contacts that have already signed up, with this update.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Many thanks this has worked and now shows WEST as time zone which is the same as BST (GMT+1).

We look forward to the update to fix this in the long term.

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured