Total Opens on Reporting Tab does not match individual reports

SOLVED
Go to solution
C-BCMarketing
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

The campaign view has just changed and now all of the total opens shown on the 'reporting' tab do not match the individual reports. Some are more and some are less. What is going on, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'd recommend exporting the reporting information for the absolute most up-to-date info regarding any email's stats, @C-BCMarketing .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @C-BCMarketing ,

Past the first day after an email is sent out, the Reporting tab may lag a bit as it refreshes once daily for all emails' stats. The individual emails' reporting pages, or their exports will be 100% up-to-date.

William A
C-BCMarketing
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hello William_D, that may be true as general rule but does not account for differences where the Reporting tab is now higher than the individual emails' reporting pages. Thus I have been relying on the Reporting tab only to find it is not always accurate. I've gone back to March over 24 emails and the vast majority now have a Reporting tab number that does not match, either higher or lower, than the individual emails' reporting pages. Which number am I to rely on please? Thank you.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'd recommend exporting the reporting information for the absolute most up-to-date info regarding any email's stats, @C-BCMarketing .

William A
C-BCMarketing
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you. The exported Reporting information is what I will rely on from now on irrespective of the differing numbers in the individual email reporting. Regards.

C-BCMarketing
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I'm reopening this query. I tried to rely on the summary reporting page for unique opens. However there is too much discrepancy between the individual reports and the summary to be confident I have the right information. Here's an example: Communication 7th December received 552 unique opens, re-send to non-openers 7 days later garnered 176 unique opens. Total 728. Total on reporting summary is 719. This anomaly repeats itself with almost every other communications going back 12 months. Some are higher than the summary and some lower. I have to report this information to our leadership and I need to be confident that Constant Contact is giving me accurate information. What number am I to rely on, please?

C-BCMarketing
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I'm reopening this query. I tried to rely on the summary reporting page for unique opens. However there is too much discrepancy between the individual reports and the summary to be confident I have the right information. Here's an example: Communication 7th December received 552 unique opens, re-send to non-openers 7 days later garnered 176 unique opens. Total 728. Total on reporting summary is 719. This anomaly repeats itself with almost every other communications going back 12 months. Some are higher than the summary and some lower. I have to report this information to our leadership and I need to be confident that Constant Contact is giving me accurate information. What number am I to rely on, please?

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @C-BCMarketing ,

As before, exporting the click report is going to give you the most accurate numbers.

William A
C-BCMarketing
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST