The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Totally disappointed.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Totally disappointed.

I have zero confidence that your service is working and I don't know how many potential subscribers that I have lost as a result. It appears that subscribers are not getting the confirmation email. Please have someone contact me so that I can describe the issues and get this resolved.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Employee

Re: Totally disappointed.

Hello @PatrickD15 ,

Our Support team would be more than happy to discuss this issue further with you and figure out what is occurring with your subscribers. Please feel free to reach out to them at your earliest convenience! 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

It was your support team who lead me here, so this comes off as a typical run-around.  In fact, after support wasn't able to help, I was just sent a link to post feedback which, unbeknownst to me, landed me in a public forum.  That's not just awkward, it's bizarre customer service

I've been a long-time customer and have been generally satisfied with the service, but if I can't rely on my double-opt in confirmation email going out, how can I trust what you're doing?  In fact, when I was talking with your support team, my opt-in confirmation template simply disappeared.  The service tech was even surprised by that and had to bump my issue up to a higher level of support.  I wasn't given a name or number, but just told to wait four days to hear back.

So rather than give me the run-around, how about you really take the time to solve my problem?

Highlighted
Employee

Thank you for providing that information @PatrickD15,

I've taken a deeper look at your account and the recent calls that you've had to find out more about the issue that you're experiencing. From what I've gathered your main concern is that your subscribers are not receiving your confirmation emails when signing up via the pop-up form on your website. If that's not right please feel free to let us know in more detail what you're experiencing.

I did test your pop-up form and did receive the opt-in email and I was successfully added to your list. I did remove myself to avoid confusion down the line though. From our notes on your account I see that our internal team was also able to successfully signup for your lists and received the opt-in email. From all of our testing it does appear that your form and the email are both working correctly and being delivered, however some of your contacts may be receiving that opt-in email into their spam folder or another folder within their email accounts, such as the Promotion tab within Gmail.

Although the confirmed opt-in emails are being delivered successfully, your recipients may still not see them if they end up in Spam, but our Deliverability team can go over some options to improve your delivery rates and ensure your emails end up in the inbox instead, so please give them a call so they can help with that aspect! 

Amber_L

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Amber:

Thank you.  I'm glad that it worked for you, but I have verified that it didn't work for at least three subscribers.  Likewise, another subscriber received an outdated opt-in email template (I can send it to you if you would like).  That template contains an old address and contact information.  Interestingly, it's *no where to be found* in my dashboard, nor has anyone located the updated version that magically disappeared while I was on the phone with support (days ago).

It's rather obvious that something isn't working correctly.  I can easily explain that if I could only speak to an actual person.  I'm still waiting for the support team to reach out to me.

Will someone please just call so this can be fixed?

Highlighted
Employee

Thank you for clarifying those details further @PatrickD15 .

I've asked our Advanced Technical Team to take a deeper look into that aspect of things. They are going to do some additional research into your account to see what might be causing that and they will reach out to you within a few business days. If you'd like to send us the email addresses of those 3 subscribers, a screenshot of the old template you're seeing, and the best phone number and email address for them to contact you at to  social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com we can get that to them as well! 

Amber_L

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured