Transferring a participant from one event to another

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Transferring a participant from one event to another

Hello, 

Due to COVID-19, we have had to cancel one of our events and move all participants to a later event. How do I move them in Constant Contact without having to retype each participants information? 

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Transferring a participant from one event to another

Hello @TashaB2 ,

If you're simply needing to postpone the event, you can go into the event's basics and settings to change their dates, descriptions, etc. 

However, if you need to put them into a completely separate event that's already active and collecting registrants, then that's a different story. In that case, you'll want to close the event that's been cancelled, and notify the people who were already registered (if you haven't already). Then you'll need to manually add their information one-by-one to the new event, via the Register someone link on the right side of the dashboard. If the event requires payment to complete registration, you can get all the way to the payment page, then switch back to the tab for the event's dashboard, go to its list of registrants, then find these unpaid "abandoned" registrants and manually switch them to paid and registered.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Education" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 27th at 2pm ET for a free one-hour webinar where we will be covering how to incorporate online marketing into your educational marketing strategy.

Read More
Featured