Translating Email Blast

Participant

Translating Email Blast

Is there a way to translate a email written in English to Spanish?  My company wants to send the email to companies located in Spanish speaking countries.

4 REPLIES 4
Administrator

Hello @SharonH57. Thanks for reaching out to us. Constant Contact does not have the ability to translate emails that are created in our editor. If you did want to create an email in Spanish, you can create a separate email in Spanish and send it to generate a Short URL for the campaign. You can then copy this URL and create a link to it in the English version of your email so those who speak Spanish can click on the link to read it in Spanish. I can certainly understand how you would like companies located in Spanish-speaking countries to be able to translate your emails and I will submit your feedback over to the appropriate team.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Hello! Here for the same question. Over 38% of Californian's speak Spanish - I would say we are a Spanish speaking country and we want to be inclusive and reach a wider audience. Please consider adding a translation feature so we can broaden our reach and increase our ability to do good for our planet.

Thank you!

Occasional Participant

Same here. Have been manually translating as you suggested, but my client wants Google Translate and other automatically generated options. 

Hello @TrinishaD ,

Are you wanting our system to automatically detect if a contact speaks Spanish? Generally if an email is sent to someone who speaks a different language than your majority audience, it'd be up to the recipient or their browser to translate the email to their preferred language.

Email Plus customers have the option to create Dynamic Content, which if you have contacts tagged in certain ways, can affect how the email will appear / send to them. With this method you'd have a single email that has multiple text blocks with the different languages of your message typed out, then you can use the dynamic content to make it so only Spanish-speaking contacts can see the Spanish text block, only English-speakers see the English text block, etc. However this wouldn't affect the subject line, the language of words in graphics, etc.

Beyond this there's not much we're really able to control as far as the language of the emails you send, which is why it's generally better to just make multiple copies of the same email and changing the text and graphics as needed.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.