We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Triggering an email for one client

JoT645
Participant

Triggering an email for one client

Afternoon, 

I'm new to CC and I'm finding it a breeze to use so far. I have run into one issue and I could use advice. In my efforts to scale down the amount of "programs" we use as a company, I switched over to CC. For reference, I'm running an SAT/Tutoring/Coaching company. 

Here is the issue. 

Joe Smith signs up for an SAT Class. 

I enter him into CC manually (I've already bulk uploaded over 500 students/1k parents)

Generally I would sent an individual email to Joe with all the information he needs. 

I'm trying to automate this now. 

I need to be able to add him to CC and trigger a premade email to be sent to him only, like a faux onboarding. 

The only way I've seen to do this is to add a tag or group. 

However, this will become tedious to remember to  remove Joe from the tag or list when I have several new students. 

Any tips? 

Thanks, JT

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @JoT645 ,

I'd suggest setting up your Welcome Email or a single-step automation series that triggers off of new list additions. That way new sign-ups, uploads, or contacts that you manually add to the list that triggers the automation will receive that singular "onboarding" email.

For an overview of automation options available

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.