Tutorial: Insert a Video into Your Email

FearlessKitty
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

When I attempt to put a youtube video in my campaign it tells me there is no thumbnail... there is a thumbnail.  Do you have to link youtube and constant contact somehow?  The box where I put the video URL in has a reference to vimeo.  I do not use vimeo.  

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @FearlessKitty,

You will want to delete the video action block that is there now, and insert a brand new one and try again. If the error still appears you will want to make sure you are using the correct link shown here. If that still does not work, please insert a screenshot of the thumbnail and link the image to the video. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
FearlessKitty
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I had already tried the new video block and it did not fix the problem. I inserted the screenshot image and linked it.  The work around works but it would be nice if it worked the way it's supposed to.  Any plans to fix this known problem?  Seems like a lot of people are having the same issue. 

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @FearlessKitty,

I am happy that the workaround is working. We will reach out to you with any updates on this! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST