Twitter posting: "Rate limit reached"

lanesboromn
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

Can you please explain that message when I post mailings to social media - Twitter returns error - pls. advise - thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @lanesboromn ,

This error can sometimes occur, despite its wording, when there's an API permissions issue with the connected page. I'd advise disconnecting your Twitter page from your Constant Contact account, removing our API permissions from your Twitter settings, and then re-establishing the connection on our side to fully refresh that API's connection and permissions. You can then either use the Retry button on the original post's reporting page, or make a new post for just the Twitter account. 

If the same error occurs again, please let us know so we can investigate further.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
INafterschool
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Hey @William_D - I'm receiving this error message. I tried disconnecting my Twitter account, as well as removing API permissions from my Twitter settings, reconnecting everything, and then posting again - but Constant Contact still gives this error message when trying to post to Twitter. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @INafterschool ,

And that's even when making that Twitter post as a wholly brand new one? Are there any other settings in your Twitter account regarding 3rd party connections that can be toggled on/off?

William A
INafterschool
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

@William_D - that's right, I tried both the "retry" feature underneath the error message, and I also tried making a new post. I have a few other connected apps in my third party Twitter connections, but they're all essential. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Without being able to actually work in the Twitter account or troubleshoot live with you, I'm afraid I'm not able to provide much more guidance or troubleshooting on this. I'd advise calling our general support so they can continue troubleshooting it with you live, or screenshare if necessary.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST