Two Concerns on this FIRST Mailing - would love a reply

SOLVED
Go to solution
TerryH090
Rookie
0 Votes
1.) The FROM and the UNSUBSCRIBE TO should both be News@process-systemsinc.com (not my name!) 2.) I cannot get the LinkedIn icon to link to our account. I tried repeatedly (9 tests) but it will not link to our Company Page on LinkedIn - Thanks, in advance for your help! Terry L Hale
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TerryH090 ,

If you're seeing your name in the header of your email, you can edit that aspect while building your email. If you're seeing that only when you receive the email, but not in the editor, it means there's something in your email program that's automatically reinterpreting that email address as being your contact info. Regarding the unsubscribe link, that's determined based on the receiving address of a contact, when sent live. Test emails will default to the account owner's info for the non-functioning test unsubscribe link.

For your LinkedIn link, please check what URL you're adding. If the URL you're trying to insert is something only the owner of the account would see, then that won't work for others trying to access it. If the LI page is private or otherwise requires some degree of special access to see, then that may also cause issues when trying to link to it. If you have confusion about your page's URL, I'd recommend reaching out to LI's support for further assistance on getting the link you need.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TerryH090 ,

If you're seeing your name in the header of your email, you can edit that aspect while building your email. If you're seeing that only when you receive the email, but not in the editor, it means there's something in your email program that's automatically reinterpreting that email address as being your contact info. Regarding the unsubscribe link, that's determined based on the receiving address of a contact, when sent live. Test emails will default to the account owner's info for the non-functioning test unsubscribe link.

For your LinkedIn link, please check what URL you're adding. If the URL you're trying to insert is something only the owner of the account would see, then that won't work for others trying to access it. If the LI page is private or otherwise requires some degree of special access to see, then that may also cause issues when trying to link to it. If you have confusion about your page's URL, I'd recommend reaching out to LI's support for further assistance on getting the link you need.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST