Two Contacts, One Email Address - How to Save Both?

Regular Participant

Two Contacts, One Email Address - How to Save Both?

I have two individuals I would like to include on the same list - who have the same email address but different birthdays, work anniversaries, etc. The individuals are a husband/wife who use just one email address. I need to be able to save them each individually so I can send different automated birthday and work anniversary emails. I have tried to add another contact and saving one of them to a NEW/DIFFERENT list, but the system still finds the use of the email address with the other individual and updates just the one record - not saving the new entry. Any ideas on how to do this?

2 REPLIES 2

Hello there @MaryR328 ,

Unique contacts are determined based on email address, this is to ensure emails do not get double-sent, contact numbers are no erroneously increased, and several other reasons. Therefore, you cannot have two separate, individual contacts that share a singular email address.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Participant

Darn.