Two-Step Email Creation

SOLVED
Go to solution
BenjaminRose
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello community folks,

I am really, really new to Constant Contact so please bear with me. One of our C-suite staff members really likes to create his own weekly newsletter (kudos to him). However, from my end I am the one who will utilize Constant Contact to send his newsletter out to a list I have already created. I did create a template but cannot find any information in the knowledge base as to whether the template can be shared with him so he can add what he wants in the text boxes and then send it back to me for editing. Is this even possible. And if anyone has suggestions as to how best to two-step the creation of the newsletter (between him and me) it would be welcomed.

Thank you,

Mary D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BenjaminRose ,

If you're wanting to collaborate with someone to build your email, you can add them as an Account Manager or Campaign Creator user level, so they'd be able to make edits when you're not working on the email campaign and vice versa. Keep in mind that you can't both be making edits at the same time, or whomever made the last edit will get overwritten by the earlier edit's auto-save and have to refresh.

Otherwise, if you're both experienced with HTML, you can collaborate on putting all the code together outside of the system, then just plug that into the custom code editor once finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BenjaminRose ,

If you're wanting to collaborate with someone to build your email, you can add them as an Account Manager or Campaign Creator user level, so they'd be able to make edits when you're not working on the email campaign and vice versa. Keep in mind that you can't both be making edits at the same time, or whomever made the last edit will get overwritten by the earlier edit's auto-save and have to refresh.

Otherwise, if you're both experienced with HTML, you can collaborate on putting all the code together outside of the system, then just plug that into the custom code editor once finished.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BenjaminRose
Rookie
0 Votes

and thank you very, very much. appreciate it.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST