UNABLE TO UPLOAD CUSTOMER CONTACT LIST FROM QUICKBOOKS

NeilS423
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

I am frustrated, after trying to import my customer list from Quickbooks.  Even after saving it to a csv, renaming it to get rid of any special characters...I am still getting the following.  "Whoops. We're having trouble reading that file. Looks like whatever program created it, used some unusual encoding to deal with accented characters, or even apostrophes or single quotes.

Try opening the file in Excel and using File > Save As to save it as an Excel Workbook file type, then try selecting that new file."

Top Answer
NeilS423
Constant Contact Partner

There's always a workaround.  In this case I needed to save the sheet as an older version of Excel (97-2003) *.xlt  

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @NeilS423 ,

Please call our general support, or reply directly to the @ mention email you receive from my response, with your contact list attached so we can troubleshoot further.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
NeilS423
Constant Contact Partner
0 Votes

There's always a workaround.  In this case I needed to save the sheet as an older version of Excel (97-2003) *.xlt  

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST