We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

UNSUBSCRIBE issues

JHStudio
Participant

UNSUBSCRIBE issues

February 7, 2021 6:51 AM Good morning, I. myself, only add people for them when I am physically or on the phone with said person. Saying "I never signed up" (which statement was made during an unsbscribe last night) is patently false (I am willing to chalk it up to faulty memory on the part of the recipient...everybody's memeory stinks, ask a litigator), which only matters to me insofar as it negatively reflects on the company email practices. Please be aware that I (who hate spam) would never add anyone to a list without their express verbal permission or if they had signed up to be on the list. SOMETHING ELSE to be of which to be aware: I have been running sweepstakes which can only be entered submitting one's email address. *Is this express or implied opt-in? * I have realized that a certain percentage of people will sign up for the contest, only to unsubscribe if they lose, or when they receive the first non-sweepstakes-related email. I expect this, people being who they are. Is the sign-up for the sweepstakes and express or implied opt-in? Thanks for your help. Jonathan Herbert www.jonathanherbert.com uid: jhsllc via feedback box and email
1 REPLY 1
Kara_D
Employee

Hi JHStudio!

Thank you for reaching out to the community! For more in depth information, please read How Constant Contact helps you be CASL compliant and GDPR: What You Need to Know and How Constant Contact Helps You ComplyYou may find it beneficial to speak with our Account/ List Review team so they can take a closer look at your contacts and collection methods. 

Generally speaking, when your contacts give you verbal or written permission to email them, or sign up for your contact list through one of our sign-up tools, Constant Contact considers them to be active contacts that can be emailed. When it comes to collecting email addresses under the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) or the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), there are additional permissions you need to be concerned with:

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.