URL for sign-up page

SOLVED
Go to solution
PhilipH872
Marketing Legend

I have created a Sign-up page. Now I want to include a link in my emails to that page.I think I would do this by pasting the URL for the sign-up page into my emails (as a button, for example). However, I can't find a URL for the sign-up page. Just "inline code", which I don't know what to do with.

What do i do? How do i link to the sign-up page I've created???

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @PhilipH872,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize for any confusion with our sign up forms. The Inline Form that you have created will only offer you a code to paste on your website. If you need a link, you will want to create a Lead Generation Landing Page to capture new sign ups. Once you are done designing that one, it will offer you a link to paste in your emails. Thanks! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @PhilipH872,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize for any confusion with our sign up forms. The Inline Form that you have created will only offer you a code to paste on your website. If you need a link, you will want to create a Lead Generation Landing Page to capture new sign ups. Once you are done designing that one, it will offer you a link to paste in your emails. Thanks! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
PhilipH872
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks, Zoe.

The sign-up page gave the option of listing different email lists, and the person getting to the page could pick the list(s) they want to subscribe to. As far as I can tell, the landing page only allows for one email list. Is that correct?

Thanks

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @PhilipH872,

Yes, that is correct. The Lead Generation Landing Page only allows for one list to be selected. If you need more then one list to be selected so your customers can choose which list they want to be on you will want to create a Basic Landing Page instead. I do apologize for the confusion. To find that option, please follow the steps below: 

1. Select Sign-up Forms at the top of your screen 

2. Select Basic Landing Pages at the bottom of your screen 

3. Click the first Sign-up Form option 

4. Once you select Finish at the bottom, the URL will be under the Actions drop down menu. 

Thank you! 

Zoe H.

PhilipH872
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Thanks, Zoe.

Can we have more than one Sign-up form (Landing page)? Depending on which email people respond from, we want to give them different choices of which email lists to subscribe to. 

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @PhilipH872,

Yes, you can have multiple Lead Generation Landing Pages, or you can follow the steps above and create a Basic Landing Page so your customers can choose which lists they would like to belong too. 

Zoe H.

PhilipH872
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Another question: On a Lead Generation landing page, can I put into it (in the Description box, for example) a clickable URL link? 

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @PhilipH872,

Of course! You can put this link in a button as well if you want. Wherever you need it to be! 

Zoe H.

PhilipH872
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Zoe, I don't see any way to add a text link or a button to the Lead Generation Landing Page.  The "Button" link in your response showed how to add a button to an email, not the landing page.

How do I do it?

Zoe_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @PhilipH872,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. You are unable to add link text or a button to the landing page. You can insert a URL in the description box but can not link it to anything. I do apologize for the confusion with that. 

Zoe H.

ReginaH630
Rookie
0 Votes

Is there a way to delete a campaign?  I published a lead generation landing page and then realized I made a mistake.  I deleted it from my Facebook page but cannot remove it on the CC account.  Also, is there any way to hide the URL so its not seen? It looks out of place and I am not sure people will click it to get to the sign up page.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ReginaH630 ,

You can always unpublish a Lead-Generation Landing Page  if you wish for the link to no longer work and want to delete it.

Or you can make edits if there's typos, coloring changes, an improperly linked thank-you-page website / document, etc. you need to fix.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST