Unable to Insert any video...Youtube, vimeo, canva.

Participant

Unable to Insert any video...Youtube, vimeo, canva.

I have no idea whats going on. I had problems in the past to the point were we are unable to use any video plug ins in our campaigns. I've played with size of the file, formats and even GIF's. 

Is this another Bug??

1 REPLY 1

Hello @UnderG4 ,

I was able to go into your campaign and insert a YouTube video without any issues. I was also able to open the video block in Preview and in my Test Send. This is indicating to me that the issue is either specific to the video being inserted, or it might've been caused by a glitchy block that was inserted.

Try inserting your video now that I've inserted a fresh new video block. If the video still won't insert, then I'd recommend sending an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com so we can further test with the specific video you're trying to test. Please bear in mind that the only sites that work with the video block are YouTube or Vimeo. Videos from other sources (cloud drives, social media pages, etc.) won't be able to work in the video block. Additionally, if the video is unlisted, we may not be able to pull the thumbnail, and if it's private we absolutely won't be able to grab the thumbnail and link it.

A potential workaround, if you don't wish to troubleshoot further, would be to insert an image block, insert a screencap of the vid's thumbnail in the block, and then link that image to the video source.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.