Unsubscribe Button Not Working?

MarkV97309
Participant

Unsubscribe Button Not Working?

For some reason after someone subscribes, Constant Contact re-adds them back to our mailing list. We have received some angry emails from clients who are understandably frustrated. Attached is a client I manually deleted from our list yesterday, yet he is back on the list today! As you can see he has unsubscribed several times. Please help us fix the isssue, this isn't good for our business.  Screenshot (2).pngHere is another client, same thingScreenshot (3).png

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @MarkV97309 ,

It looks like this is a very recent issue that our engineers are still investigating the root cause of. I've gotten your case submitted to them for further review. As soon as they have an update / resolution to the issue they'll let you know. They're hoping to have it resolved by tomorrow at the latest, and have unsubs that were re-subbed by this retroactively unsubbed again in a separate fix shortly after.

With that said, it appears the issue is mainly stemming from contacts that unsubscribed after September 18th, and uploading the contacts back into the system is resulting in them being forcibly re-subscribed, which is obviously not how it's supposed to work. I'd recommend making sure you're not doing any new contact uploads for at least the next 48 hours, as this will likely result in other unsubbed contacts being resubbed.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.