Unsubscribe Issues - Any way to confirm email address unsubscribing??

Real Estate

Unsubscribe Issues - Any way to confirm email address unsubscribing??

We have an issue with people unsubscribing on behalf of our contacts who did not want to stop receiving our emails.

Scenario: We send out many informational pieces - recently, housing statistics. One of our contacts who received the email forwarded it out to his contacts.  Out of those who received it, one of his recipients unsubscribed which removed OUR contact, not the person who actually did the unsubscribing.

I have seen other email services require that the user types in the email address to confirm that the correct person is being removed - is this something that exists in CC and if so how can we enable it??

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Unsubscribe Issues - Any way to confirm email address unsubscribing??

Hi @Marisa_M 

I apologize for the experience you've had with these unsubscribes. You are correct, we have come across cases where a forward will unsubscribe the original receiver. This is something we are tracking in your account. We are always open to ways we can better our user's experience. However at this time our unsubscribe process does not include a feature like the one you have mentioned. Instead when a reader clicks unsubscribe, shows the email address being unsubscribed. Because of this we recommend users to follow our resubscribe process for any contacts accidentally unsubscribed.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured