Unsubscribe a client

SOLVED
Go to solution
JimR220
Rookie
0 Votes

How do I unsubscribe a client who wants to be off the list but didn't press the button on my email to unsubscribe?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kyle_R
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JimR220,

Good question. If you go into Contacts and find the contact. After you click on the appropriate person, in the overlay that comes up you should be able to click the 3 dot menu next to Edit Contact and see an unsubscribe option. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kyle_R
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @JimR220,

Good question. If you go into Contacts and find the contact. After you click on the appropriate person, in the overlay that comes up you should be able to click the 3 dot menu next to Edit Contact and see an unsubscribe option. 

JimR220
Rookie
0 Votes

WOW! Perfect! Thanks so much!

AprilZ51
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

BHi Kyle, I have the opposite issue.  I manually Unsubscribed them myself from my CC Admin tools, but cannot manually Resubscribe them.  This is a major problem.  I do not want to send them a resubscribe email, because I was the one that did the Unsubscribe. 

William_A
Administrator

Hello @AprilZ51 ,

If a contact has been marked as unsubscribed from you - whether done by you or the contact - you'll need to go through the resubscription process. However the easiest method for a contact to resubscribe to you would be for them to go through one of your sign up forms, either a landing page form or one coded into your website.

If they’re unable to get signed back up through a sign up form or through the resub email, you can request our Review team do a manual override of the unsubscription. You’ll need to get an email directly from the contact explicitly stating they want to be resubscribed. Then you’ll need to call into the Review team, and follow their processes from there.

Since there are a number of legal and Compliance-related elements to unsubscribing and resubscribing, we have to make sure one of these three processes is followed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
AprilZ51
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Ah, I see it's those pesky Compliance Regulations.  So the law let's us unsubscribe from this end, but not resubscribe.  Annoying!  I know it's not you guys, thanks for trying! 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST