Unsubscribe from only certain Segments

CSU-PA
Occasional Participant

Unsubscribe from only certain Segments

We have various lists set up in Constant Contact. I understand that if someone unsubscribes from one list, they will unsubscribe from every email our company sends out. Other email providers have an unsubscribe button that will allow people to then select certain lists they still want to receive, while unsubscribing from others. Typically it's a series of check boxes a person is able to click. Is this functionality possible through Constant Contact? 

4 REPLIES 4
Frankie_P

Hi @CSU-PA 

That's a great question! The good news is this is possible through customize your "Update Profile" form. You can customize your form and select contact lists you want to display on it. Doing this will allow your users to select which specific lists they wish to be removed from when going through the unsubscribe process.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
RamonaH6
Occasional Participant

We are struggling with the same issue, however, we do not find your provided solution particularly helpful.

Your example of using the profile form does not include an unsubscribe option. If I was a user and wish to unsubscribe, landing on a profile page would not be a good experience.

There must be a slicker way of presenting a user with a clear unsubscribe option:

• unsubscribe from all emails
  • unsubscribe from the current list/topic etc. (however your brand segments content)

This is what we expect from a good ESP.

Hello @RamonaH6 

We do apologize. Currently, the Update Profile form would be the only way a contact can take themselves off certain lists.

The other option at the moment would be to take a poll or perhaps direct them to email you with what lists they are interested in and you make the change to their contact profile

Adelina R
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AndrewC2585
Consulting & Training

When someone chooses to unsubscribe from my list, I would like them to receive an automated email to confirm (and potentially offer them the ability to join a list with less frequent emails). Is this possible?