Unsubscribe

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Unsubscribe

Dear Friends, I am having several people report that they are not receiving emails from me and then I find they are unsubscribed. Many are older adults in my church congregation who really need to keep in touch. If they are not unsubscribing, but they are indeed unsubscribed - what could be happening?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Unsubscribe

Hello @JanetJ16 ,

It's possible there's a couple different things happening. The contacts might've meant to only unsubscribe from one list, but didn't know about the Update Profile link. It's possible if they forwarded the email to someone else, that the forwardee unsubscribed them by clicking the coded SafeUnsubscribe link at the bottom of the email, which would still be coded for the original recipient's address. Another possible explanation is that their domain / ISP is unsubscribing them when filtering the emails.

I'd recommend resubscribing them and asking them to check their email inbox or even spam folder for the automated confirmation email. If they're unable to click the link in that email for whatever reason, we do have a manual override process. If you can get an email from the affected contacts explicitly stating they want to be resubscribed, then you can call into our List Review team to begin the override process. Due to the legal and Compliance-related nature of unsubscribing, we do need to make sure at least one of these protocols is followed regarding resubscription.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Constant Contact Would Like To Hear From You!

We want to hear from customers like you about your favorite features and how they have helped your business or organization. Tell us by answering a few questions in...

Read More
Featured