Unsubscribed Users - caused by black listed sending address.

SOLVED
Go to solution
PinnacleAcademy
Rookie
0 Votes

Working with a client that had an issue, over 12K email addresses got bumped to "unsubscribed" due to her sending email address being placed on a black list.  NOW she wants to get these 12K emails back onto her "subscribed" list.

Easy way to do this?   Tried to delete all the "unsubscribed" and import BUT the system still has the list of previously unsubscribed somewheres.

help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Assuming these contacts do wish to receive the emails from your client, then yes I'd honestly advise they simply make a fresh new account, and close their current account. Again, I'd advise reaching out to our Delivery / Review team to see what their advise would be going forward, and to make sure they're prepared for anything else involving the account and this blacklisting situation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @PinnacleAcademy ,

There isn't an easy way to do this since contacts being marked as unsubscribed has both legal and Compliance elements associated with them, and we obviously have to honor those. I'd advise your client to speak with the Delivery/Review team to see how they should proceed, if there even is a way for them to properly proceed at this point.

William A
PinnacleAcademy
Rookie
0 Votes

If the client wants to use another domain name to send out campaigns, probably easier to setup another Constant Contact account, import her full list and set it up with her new domain name. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Assuming these contacts do wish to receive the emails from your client, then yes I'd honestly advise they simply make a fresh new account, and close their current account. Again, I'd advise reaching out to our Delivery / Review team to see what their advise would be going forward, and to make sure they're prepared for anything else involving the account and this blacklisting situation.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST