Unsubscribes list change?

ShafiK
Participant

Unsubscribes list change?

I periodically update our in house email system with the unsubscribes from our company newsletter managed by CC. There were two ways to download unsubscribes before. One was just "unsubscribes" and one was "unsubscribes" plus what I suppose were people who had marked us as SPAM rather than unsubscribe or were otherwise deleted from the list. I believe this list was called "Unsubscribed and deletes". In our account, this list was about 4,000 more email addresses than the "unsubscribes" alone. We would like to be able to download this more accurate and complete list, but I cannot figure out how to do it in the new layout. Can you help me? 

3 REPLIES 3
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @ShafiK,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! For the new format, please take a look at this helpful article that explains how to export your unsubscribed contacts and more. Thank you! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Thank you, I had already found that article, but it only helps me find some of the unsubscribed email addresses. As I said above, retrieving the unsubscribes this way supplies us with a list that is about 4,000 less than the last time we downloaded this list. The old format let you download "unsubscribes and deletes" and resulted in a larger list than downloading "unsubscribes" alone.

Hello @ShafiK ,

I was able to do an administrative search for your ~4k deleted unsubbed contacts. I've sent the CSV file with all their info to your account's primary email address. For security reasons I cannot send this list to any other email.

In the email I also mention that it'd be prudent to re-upload these deleted unsubbed contacts back into the database (see image below). That way they'll be available when ever you need to re-export your unsubbed list again.

Screenshot 2021-01-06 130020.jpg

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.