Unsubscribes

SOLVED
Go to solution
Participant

Unsubscribes

When importing names, a message shows some are unsubscribed. Are the unsubscribed included in the import anyway? That would mean I have to look for them all and delete them.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @WendyF522,

Great question! When you do an import and it indicates a certain number of those contacts had previously unsubscribed you do not have to take any further action. They are immediately added to your Unsubscribed list and will not impact your Active Contacts number. So if you import, say, 1,000 contacts and 10 of them had previously unsubscribed your actual import number is 990. 

I hope this helps!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @WendyF522,

Great question! When you do an import and it indicates a certain number of those contacts had previously unsubscribed you do not have to take any further action. They are immediately added to your Unsubscribed list and will not impact your Active Contacts number. So if you import, say, 1,000 contacts and 10 of them had previously unsubscribed your actual import number is 990. 

I hope this helps!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post