Unsuspend a suspended email address

SOLVED
Go to solution
ErinT404
Rookie
0 Votes

New to learning how CC can benefit our customers. If I unsuspend a contact from a recent campaign report will that contact automatically receive the campaign again in a specific time frame? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ErinT404 ,

Since bounces don't count for original sends, they won't be calculated into automated or manual resends-to-non-openers. 

As a follow-up from manually unsuspending, I'd recommend doing a Quicksend of the last email they were supposed to receive. If we receive a report from their domain / ISP about them being 'non-existent' again, then they'll likely be put back into suspension. You can check this by going to the contact's engagement history right after doing the Quicksend.

If the non-existent bounce occurs again, then it may be worth reaching out to our Delivery team to see if they have any additional insight regarding that domain / ISP. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ErinT404 ,

Since bounces don't count for original sends, they won't be calculated into automated or manual resends-to-non-openers. 

As a follow-up from manually unsuspending, I'd recommend doing a Quicksend of the last email they were supposed to receive. If we receive a report from their domain / ISP about them being 'non-existent' again, then they'll likely be put back into suspension. You can check this by going to the contact's engagement history right after doing the Quicksend.

If the non-existent bounce occurs again, then it may be worth reaching out to our Delivery team to see if they have any additional insight regarding that domain / ISP. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST