Unwanted formatting text

SOLVED
Go to solution
WarrenD602
Rookie

WarrenD602_0-1654186344439.png

Why is the unwanted text (circled) appearing in my emails?  How do I eliminate it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @WarrenD602 ,

This is CSS coding is forcibly added to emails, typically by a Chrome or Edge browser extension called Microsoft Editor Spelling and Grammar Checker (though other incompatible extensions may also cause the issue). I'd advise disabling the extension or using Incognito mode to make a copy of the email, and then edit the copy. Please note that any further editing of the email with the extension enabled may re-add the code, and should be avoided.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator

Hello @WarrenD602 ,

This is CSS coding is forcibly added to emails, typically by a Chrome or Edge browser extension called Microsoft Editor Spelling and Grammar Checker (though other incompatible extensions may also cause the issue). I'd advise disabling the extension or using Incognito mode to make a copy of the email, and then edit the copy. Please note that any further editing of the email with the extension enabled may re-add the code, and should be avoided.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

That was absolutely the problem!  Thank you!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST