Update a contact using zapier

RandK6
Participant

Update a contact using zapier

Hi!

I am trying to use zapier to move a contact from one list to another. 

The zap first identifies if the contact is in a list (matching email) and if not, then it adds a new contact.

However, when I try to UPDATE a contact, it errors out with "#/0: property was found but is not permitted at this location"

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @RandK6 ,

If the error is occurring when trying to update the contact through Zapier into us, then you'll need to contact their support.

If the error is occurring when you're explicitly trying to edit the contact while working in your CTCT contacts dashboard, then we'll need some examples of affected contacts. The Tier 2 support team will need you to either call in to confirm some affected contacts, or to reply with some examples directly to the @ mention email you receive from my reply here. Please don't post any contacts' details directly on the Community, only either through calling in or in response to that email.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.