Update email address for a confirmed address

AnnaM66
Participant

Update email address for a confirmed address

I can not seem to find an answer to this. I have a contact who has emailed me her new email address. I went to update the contact and it says  - Confirmed addresses can’t be edited. So how so I edit it?

Do I have to get her to update her contact somehow? I don't want to add work for her when she took time to email me her new address.

3 REPLIES 3
John_M
Employee

Hello @AnnaM66 ,

I’m sorry that you are unable to edit your contact’s details but confirmed addresses cannot be edited, this is functioning as designed. Confirmed Opt In is a special status, and the terms of Confirmed Opt In are strict, so the confirmed status can't be transferred from one address to another. What you could do is completely create a new contact with this individuals name, new email address and all other fields you have for them and then go in and delete the Confirmed Opt In contact for them.

John M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

AnnaM66
Participant

So this means 10 years of history on this persons contacts will be lost and I have to create a new contact? Can they not change their email address? No way to do that? So only choice is to create a new contact and can I just disable the old one so at least I have their history? Guess there is no way to keep what they looked at etc and move to the new contact. This is very upsetting considering they are good contact and now they will be a whole new one. So why would I want people to confirm their contact since people change their emails. I have changed many contacts over the years.

Very upsetting that somehow they can not change their address on their file at least.

Hello @AnnaM66,

Yes, that is correct and we do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I will submit your feedback! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.