Updating lists - impact on unsubscribed

SOLVED
Go to solution
TEPV87
Rookie
0 Votes

When I download a list of members and replace an old list (because members resigned, and new members joined) does CC check the new list against people who previously unsubscribed to make sure I am not adding them back? So I do not have to worry about people who unsubscribed previously?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TEPV87 ,

Yes our system keeps track of email addresses that have unsubscribed from you through us. Even if you delete your unsubscribes, if you reupload them they'll just get sorted back into unsubscribed, so you don't have to worry about any Compliance issues or keeping extra track of that.

For more info about unsubscribed contacts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @TEPV87 ,

Yes our system keeps track of email addresses that have unsubscribed from you through us. Even if you delete your unsubscribes, if you reupload them they'll just get sorted back into unsubscribed, so you don't have to worry about any Compliance issues or keeping extra track of that.

For more info about unsubscribed contacts

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST