Uploading a Two Page PDF

BRANDYB39
Campaign Expert

Hi, I am creating a new email campaign. I have a two page pdf that I will be using as the email campaign. However, when I use the "import pdf to email option" and it uploads the pdf it is only uploading one page and not .

the second page. Please advise how it can have it upload multiple pdf's.

Thank you,

Brandy

bboccuti@metriceng.com

(407) 949-4283 

Top Answer
Frankie_P

At this time our system does only create an image of the first page and includes a document link to view the rest of the PDF. A workaround we suggest in the meantime is to manually convert the PDF to images through an outside program.

We encourage you to leave a thumbs up or comment on the feature request to allow for the creation of images with a multi-page PDF file instead of commenting here. Voting and commenting on the linked post above helps to influence future product decisions and allows you to be notified of replies from our teams. Though we do not have a time estimate if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post.

9 REPLIES 9
Frankie_P

At this time our system does only create an image of the first page and includes a document link to view the rest of the PDF. A workaround we suggest in the meantime is to manually convert the PDF to images through an outside program.

We encourage you to leave a thumbs up or comment on the feature request to allow for the creation of images with a multi-page PDF file instead of commenting here. Voting and commenting on the linked post above helps to influence future product decisions and allows you to be notified of replies from our teams. Though we do not have a time estimate if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ToastmastersD55
Marketing Expert

This is also a huge issue for me. I have to save my PDFs in one-page increments, upload them as images then move them into my campaign. The bigger drawback is downloading the document can't be achieved unless you can store the entire PDF on a website.

It would be fantastic if CC could take this feature enhancement request and make it part of the program.

Aaron_H
Employee
0 Votes

Hello @ToastmastersD55,

We'll continue tracking requests of course.  Even when you upload separate pages to create the images, you can still link each of those images to the same original document.  So you could have 5 pictures in a row (one for each page) and still have each page link to the original 5-page pdf, for example.  Once you've inserted one of the images, just use the link option, and choose 'document link'.  Then you can choose any document from your library.  Our system can handle up to a 5MB PDF.  Unfortunately, there is not a way around the hassle of having to create so many separate PDFs at this time.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
FLCGville
Campaign Collaborator

Will this option be coming to Constant Contact?  I would like to use a different format of newsletter than is available in CC.  People find the scrolling down and down and down annoying and are not reading it.  I would like to do this in pages but of course have the same issue of having to add page after page.  

Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @FLCGville , 

I can certainly go ahead and add your name to this feature request so that you are privy to any updates, though adding multiple pages will not eliminate users from having to scroll up and down to read the email. It would simply add the pages one after the other, and they'd still have to scroll up and down to read all the content; same as the current experience. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care

AndrewC015
Marketing Expert

This feature is extremely necessary and I can't believe two years later it still hasn't been implemented. 

TamaW
Rookie

I feel the same way! Why is this not yet a thing? 

IT-Admin
Campaign Collaborator

Right?! I have a 10-page pdf and I don't know what to do. I spent hours on it with imbedded links to click for them...

IPCDS
Rookie
0 Votes

I also need to upload a 2 page pdf, however it was not difficult to add the 2nd page.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST