Using 1 CC account for 2 diff events with contact crossover without non-crossovers unsubscribing

Highlighted

Using 1 CC account for 2 diff events with contact crossover without non-crossovers unsubscribing

The account we have is used to market and promote 2 different trade show events within the tobacco industry. One is 60% traditional tobacco and 40% e-cigs, the other is a vape show with mostly electronic devices. The events are annual trade shows, one occurring in February and the second in June. Both shows promote to the same databases because they have cross-over in their exhibitor and attendee databases.

The issue we are having is that not all exhibitors/attendees want to be promoted for both products/events. There are traditional tobacco manufacturers who do not like anything that has anything to do with electronic vaping devices and there are some vape folks who look at tobacco as a health risk, and they are very anti-tobacco.

We are seeing that when we send out an email that is promoting the Vape show or a specific Vape product, we are having long time tobacco customers unsubscribe from our email lists. We know they are reacting to the topic of the email, but because they are opting out, we are missing opportunities to promote them for the tobacco show and they will also be missing out on important show information for the tobacco show, where they are exhibiting because we cannot reach them through our Constant Contact account.

I hope I am explaining our situation clearly, and I hope you can't point me to a solution where we can still use one account to promote both shows/audiences without losing important participants because of the content of the specific email.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Using 1 CC account for 2 diff events with contact crossover without non-crossovers unsubscribin

I'm guessing you're only running a single list?
If so why?
Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Education" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 27th at 2pm ET for a free one-hour webinar where we will be covering how to incorporate online marketing into your educational marketing strategy.

Read More
Featured