Using Tags in Segments - "does not have tag" simply does not work

SeanK260
Occasional Participant

Using Tags in Segments - "does not have tag" simply does not work

This basic feature does not work.

It's very easy to replicate: Create a segment with the "does not have tag" filter, an option in the tags menu of the Segment's screen. I have 8,000 contacts with a tag and 12,000 contacts without a tag, but when I filter by "does not have tag" I get 0 results.

If this feature worked I could send a campaign to a few thousand contacts and then tag them so I know they've been sent that campaign. Later, when sending the same email to different lists, I could use the "does not have tag" filter to make sure contacts don't receive my same email again.

This is a major problem because the total segment options are limited to 10. This means I can't ensure that I don't email a contact twice when I send a big campaign from multiple user's addresses. Can you please look into why this basic feature does not work?

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @SeanK260 ,

Our engineers are aware of the issue, and are working on it. They'll notify you if and when there's an update to this service request. In the meantime, they're suggesting using the Contact Management page's advanced search to look up all contacts with the necessary Tag criteria (Is, Is Not, Is Blank). Then using the segment tool to segment a list made from those search results.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.