The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Using Wistia email tags with Constant Contact

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using Wistia email tags with Constant Contact

I have been using Constant Contact for years and consider myself a loyal customer but recently I've run into an issue where I'm not receiving any support.

Wista offers great analytics on our videos but when I send out a newsletter and link back to a video on our site I can only see the viewer's ISP. I cannot see who they are. When I send out a test using Mail Chimp using the email imbed tag I can see the person who clicked in the video and the analytics on how long they watched, etc.

I was told that my question needed to be elevated to a Tier 2 level. That didn't help.

Can you help me? 

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Using Wistia email tags with Constant Contact

Hi @StevenH849 

I apologize for the experience you've had with our Support. While we're always happy to help, I would like to clarify exactly what you're looking to accomplish with the videos in your email. You mentioned these outside programs that allow you see who clicked the video, how long they watched, and even receive viewer's ISPs. Are you looking for the same features through Constant Contact? If so, it's important to point out Constant Contact does not record IP addresses of contacts. We also do not track how long a video has been viewed. You do however have the option to view who clicked on your video through the click reporting of your email campaign

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Frankie.

Thanks for your note. Yes, in Constant Contact I can see who clicks on the link to the video on our site but I only know who clicks,

In Wistia I can see the analytics but not who watched the video. I can only see their ISP and location.

One person has watched 24 videos but I don't know who they are.

Here's the Wistia page that refers to Constant Contact https://wistia.com/support/integrations/email-marketing

Highlighted

Hi @StevenH849 

Thank you for this clarification! However as previously mentioned these analytics are not provided in or by Constant Contact directly. Because of this, if the analytics link does not work as designed, I would suggest contacting the creator of this integration directly.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured