Valid Email address marked as suspended

SOLVED
Go to solution
TrevorD77
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi All,

I have a valid email address that is currently being marked as suspended. I know it is a valid email address because I emailed the person directly and they responded. So it is obvious that their email provider is blocking any email from constant contacts. Has anyone else run into a similar problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @TrevorD77 , 

The Suspended bounce back reason means that the email address has bounced multiple times as Non-Existent, possibly not just from your Constant Contact account but from anyone who may have that same email in their Constant Contact account. We put it in the Suspended status to preserve delivery rates on both ends. You may unsuspend an email if you do know it to be existent. 

If the email continues to bounce as Non-existent after it has been unsuspended, it will be placed in the Suspended status again. If that occurs, you may wish to have the contact safelist your email address and Constant Contact web domains in their security program. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @TrevorD77 , 

The Suspended bounce back reason means that the email address has bounced multiple times as Non-Existent, possibly not just from your Constant Contact account but from anyone who may have that same email in their Constant Contact account. We put it in the Suspended status to preserve delivery rates on both ends. You may unsuspend an email if you do know it to be existent. 

If the email continues to bounce as Non-existent after it has been unsuspended, it will be placed in the Suspended status again. If that occurs, you may wish to have the contact safelist your email address and Constant Contact web domains in their security program. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
TrevorD77
Rookie
0 Votes

Yes. I know this is a valid email address I will need to tell my contact to safelist the email address. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST