Video Thumbnail Issues

CIDInsurance
Marketing Legend

I've seen other posts about this, but no answers on how to fix.

When I upload a YouTube video into my email, the thumbnail pulls over from YouTube but has two big blocks on the top and bottom of the thumbnail. There was one time that this didn't happen for me, but in all of my other emails it happens. I can't seem to get these black borders to go away, even after directly making a copy of the email where they didn't appear.

Screenshot 2022-05-16 122629.png

Next, I tried to just upload the thumbnail directly into Constant Contact, but it's inverting the colors. Super strange. I've seen others post about this same issue, so there must be something wrong. If there's a workaround please let me know.

Screenshot 2022-05-16 122704.png

4 REPLIES 4
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @CIDInsurance , 

I do apologize that you are having that experience! Both of those issues are defects in the system. I have made sure to track them on your account, and I will have a member of our engineering team follow back up with you with any updates or fixes we have on that. 

In the meantime, the inverted color defect only occurs with images in .png format, so if you convert the file type to another image format like .jpg, you should not experience that same issue. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
CIDInsurance
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Hi Amanda,

Do you have an update on when this will be fixed? It's been almost a year.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

As the issue is already tracked to your account, if and when the devs have an update they'll notify you directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
katrinab440
Rookie
0 Votes

They still haven't updated this issue? Insane.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST